Using Github as your personal database
Every option has its pro’s and con’s. Regardless you have to pick a database, learn the API interface and set it up. After a while you are frustrated and you just want to save your data somewhere!
Cue Github DB!
Github is one of the best developer platform but it can also be a great database. Let me explain why.
- Logging: With Github, you can quickly look at your commits and see the write and updates for your client.
- Visualization: Github offers amazing tools to visualize the incoming number of reads/writes.
- Persistance: With Github you can rollback to early stages of your data and see how it has evolved.
- Security: Using Github, your database inherits the same standards from Github. Two-factor authentication, yes please!
- Availability: Github has known to be down, but let’s be honest, it is good enough.
I wrote a simple node module that will allow you to achieve simple CRUD operations with Github. Give it a shot and tell me what you think.